Thursday, September 27, 2007

2nd time around

Here I sit, 25 weeks pregnant with a little boy. Reflecting on how I've come to this time and place in my life is overwhelming and fills me with gratitude and thankfulness. Who should I thank? God? My parents? Myself for turning my life around and reaching for the stars? I knew there was more destined for me, more to this life than just getting by, than going from shitty job to shitty job and from shitty boyfriend to shitty boyfriend.

Chances. How many are we given? How long until we snatch up the one that matters? I knew when I saw my daughter's precious little face for the first time that I deserved better and so did she. There's nothing like bringing a child into the world to put everything into perspective.

We left that one horse town to fulfill our destiny. To start our own adventure and see where the road took us. Initially it was a forestry driven town called Prince George. We arrived January 1, 2005 to -40 C. The cold froze you to the bone regardless of the five layers of clothing you had on. The crispness of the air and the purity of the snow washed me clean.

The melting of the snow brought spring, and for me it brought new love. It was one of those cliched moments when I saw him for the first time and knew that he was the only one I wanted to love, not just for the moment, but for my entire life. His warmth seeped through, and the kindness in his eyes shattered all of my defenses. We fell madly in love and the road brought my daughter and I to a beautiful beyond your imagination place called Penticton.

Nathan and I were married on Thanksgiving Day last year surrounded by all of our close friends and family. Everything fell into place for us. After we married we bought our first home and now we're expecting our first child together.

It's been a beautiful journey and I can't wait to see what's in store for us next.

No comments: